Chelsea are ready to listen to offers for Edouard Mendy this summer, according to reports.
The Senegal international has not featured for Chelsea since November and has been working his way back to fitness after undergoing surgery on a fractured finger at the start of January.
The 31-year-old will still have two years remaining on his current contract at the end of the season but turned down Chelsea’s offer of a new deal earlier this season.
According to the Sunday Mirror, Chelsea are looking to trim Graham Potter’s squad at the end of the season and Mendy has been told by the club that he can leave Stamford Bridge.
Meanwhile, Potter conceded after Chelsea’s 2-2 draw with Everton on Saturday that he understands Conor Gallagher’s frustrations over his lack of minutes this season.
The 23-year-old has not started in Chelsea’s last eight matches and his last six appearances have been off the bench in the second half.
‘If he doesn’t start then there’s the chance he can be the first change,’ Potter said.
‘We used Kova and Enzo in midfield, that’s a tactical decision, and the front three at Kai, Joao and Pulisic, they’re more dribblers.
‘Conor has been unlucky because whenever he comes on, he’s done really well. He’ll be frustrated and rightly so but we think the world of him. He is a fantastic team player.’
For more stories like this, check our sport page.
Follow Metro Sport for the latest news on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Never miss a beat throughout the season or transfer window with weekly Chelsea news updates, exclusives and analysis. Sign up to Metro.co.uk’s Club Metro newsletter2023-03-19T11:44:25Z dg43tfdfdgfd